60 + QUESTIONS
A Busy Actor's Guide for Building Characters
Few actors are blessed with the luxury of time to research, develop and construct a character. Today's actors are handed a a script and told to report to work the next week, the next day or that very same day. I picked up my script for The Grifters at 8 a.m. and two hours later, I was on the set shooting.
1. Answer the questions in the name of the character.
2. Honesty is the key.
3. Develop your character
4. Did she or he tell jokes..
5. Use your sense memory.
6. Describe your dwelling in detail.
7. Be Precise.
8. Still more Questions.
10. Nuggets to layer your characterizations.
11. Emotional Choices.
12. Traits & Mannerisms.
A Question to pounder….
A thought to consider….
A character trait…
45. What is your most effective method of getting your way?
+ Find something positive about your character even if he or she is a serial killer?
You are Wispy.
You are insubstantial and vague about things you do & say.